Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable inserting or deleting row in selection of rows

Dear All,

Is it possible to ensure that the use cannot insert or delete rows in the
first printed page ( rows 1 till 38 in my case).
Since there is a button that insert data from a SQL-database in the first
page this page shoud not be altered in number of rows but the user shoud
still be able to change cell-data!

Thanks,

Filip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can protect the sheet after the Database has been updated using the
following statement:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True

This will allow selecting cells, but not inserting rows.

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Filips Benoit" wrote:

Dear All,

Is it possible to ensure that the use cannot insert or delete rows in the
first printed page ( rows 1 till 38 in my case).
Since there is a button that insert data from a SQL-database in the first
page this page shoud not be altered in number of rows but the user shoud
still be able to change cell-data!

Thanks,

Filip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To make sure you can change data on any cell place the following instruction
before the one I posted on my previous reply, something like this:

Cells.Locked = False
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowInsertingRows:=True
--

"Filips Benoit" wrote:

Dear All,

Is it possible to ensure that the use cannot insert or delete rows in the
first printed page ( rows 1 till 38 in my case).
Since there is a button that insert data from a SQL-database in the first
page this page shoud not be altered in number of rows but the user shoud
still be able to change cell-data!

Thanks,

Filip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, in excel 2003 you should be able to protect the worksheet, with the
following settings:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowInsertingRows:=False, AllowDeletingRows:=False

The next statement, allows you to change the cell values(What you refer as
editing):

Cells.Locked = False