Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

Default How to select program to open Hyperlink?

I do NOT have Adobe Reader.
I do have Foxit Reader.
I do have Adobe Acrobat Professional.
My default program for PDF files is Foxit Reader.

When I set a hyperlink in Excel, and then click on that link, it opens the
link with Adobe Acrobat Professional. I want it to open with Foxit Reader.

How do I accomplish this, and why is the current "default" program for the
hyperlink Adobe Acrobat Professional?

Thanks,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

In Windows Explorer, go to ToolsFolder OptionsFile Types and the Details
for Registered File Type for PDF Files shows them opening with Foxit Reader.

oups.com...

On Oct 31, 12:49 pm, "bw" wrote:
I do NOT have Adobe Reader.
I do have Foxit Reader.
I do have Adobe Acrobat Professional.
My default program for PDF files is Foxit Reader.

When I set a hyperlink in Excel, and then click on that link, it opens
the
link with Adobe Acrobat Professional. I want it to open with Foxit
Reader.

How do I accomplish this, and why is the current "default" program for
the
hyperlink Adobe Acrobat Professional?

Thanks,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, that's the way it should be which means there might not be an
easy fix.

One thing to note is that if you have Acrobat Profressional, you do
have Acrobat Reader. It's basically the same thing except
Professional allows you the full functionality whereas Reader only
lets you do the most minimal of tasks. Maybe someone else can shed
some better light on this, but it might come down to uninstalling
Professional to see if that solves the problem. Of course, I wouldn't
do that unless you have access to the software to reinstall it. Not
to mention if you have the latest version of Professional, it will
take forever to uninstall and reinstall.

Sorry, I'm basically no help for this one :-(

Cory

On Oct 31, 2:24 pm, "bw" wrote:
In Windows Explorer, go to ToolsFolder OptionsFile Types and the Details
for Registered File Type for PDF Files shows them opening with Foxit Reader.

oups.com...

On Oct 31, 12:49 pm, "bw" wrote:
I do NOT have Adobe Reader.
I do have Foxit Reader.
I do have Adobe Acrobat Professional.
My default program for PDF files is Foxit Reader.

When I set a hyperlink in Excel, and then click on that link, it opens
the
link with Adobe Acrobat Professional. I want it to open with Foxit
Reader.

How do I accomplish this, and why is the current "default" program for
the
hyperlink Adobe Acrobat Professional?

Thanks,
Bernie- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For what it is worth...
I do not have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat on my system.
I do have Foxit Reader.
I have just discovered that the new version of Foxit (2.2) has problems
opening and closing when activated from a hyperlink in Excel.
The toolbars are misplaced on opening and it crashes when exiting.
I uninstalled Foxit (2.2) and installed the prior version (2.1) and the program
works normally when opened from an Excel hyperlink.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"bw" wrote in message ...
I do NOT have Adobe Reader.
I do have Foxit Reader.
I do have Adobe Acrobat Professional.
My default program for PDF files is Foxit Reader.

When I set a hyperlink in Excel, and then click on that link, it opens the
link with Adobe Acrobat Professional. I want it to open with Foxit Reader.

How do I accomplish this, and why is the current "default" program for the
hyperlink Adobe Acrobat Professional?

Thanks,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

Excellent piece of information, Jim!

I was using Foxit (2.0). Since mine was an upgrade, I decided to go ahead
an upgrade to Foxit (2.1), and yes, it solved my problem too. I really
appreciate you taking the time to inform me of your situation.

Thanks much,
Bernie