Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open a program from a Hyperlink?

Hi all

Is it possible to open a ,for instance, a" Canon Scan Program" from a
Hyperlink?

Best

Stew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Easy:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

"stew" wrote:

Hi all

Is it possible to open a ,for instance, a" Canon Scan Program" from a
Hyperlink?

Best

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are two kinds of hyperlinks in Excel:
1. the function kind using =HYPERLINK()
2. the Insert Hyperlink kind

The second kind supports the popup message on mouse-over
The first kind relies on the "friendly" name:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe","ms word")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819