Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office 2003 SP3 Installed Now Can't Use Excel Through COM

Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of a bind that I was wondering if someone
could lend me a hand with. For starters, I am running Windows 2003,
using IIS 6, PHP 5.2.3, and Office 2003 with SP3. Prior to the upgrade
to SP3, I was able to create the workbook through COM and PHP without
any problems. Now, I can't even launch Excel and print out the version
number. I have not touched the code at all and it was working without
any problems prior to the upgrade which leaves me to believe that it
is a configuration issue.

I've read a KB article on SP3 and COM (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/
938815/) and I also double checked my configuration for the COM
security settings to ensure they did not change (used this tutorial:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/ve...1.php3?page=1). The
only thing I can think to do is to uninstall Office and reinstall it
with all the patches except SP3. Did anyone else have a problem
similar to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian