Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't get into design mode in Excel 2007

What gives here. I have the developer ribbon showing. Macros are
_definitely_ enabled. When i click the Deisgn Mode button on the developer
ribbon, basically, nothing happens. In either state (pressed or not) for
that button on the developer ribbon, when i use the mouse and press any
macro button that is on a sheet in the workbook, the macro runs. I can't
get to the point where i can select a button, edit its properties, have it
selected to "show code", etc.

Help!! How do i get into design mode in Excel 2007?? Tried
quitting/restart Excel, no luck there.

Thanks,
tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you sure you have a ActiveX button on your sheet and not a Forms button ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"TomCon" wrote in message news:I9vRi.5640$W22.4364@trndny04...
What gives here. I have the developer ribbon showing. Macros are
_definitely_ enabled. When i click the Deisgn Mode button on the developer
ribbon, basically, nothing happens. In either state (pressed or not) for
that button on the developer ribbon, when i use the mouse and press any
macro button that is on a sheet in the workbook, the macro runs. I can't
get to the point where i can select a button, edit its properties, have it
selected to "show code", etc.

Help!! How do i get into design mode in Excel 2007?? Tried
quitting/restart Excel, no luck there.

Thanks,
tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oh, i see, its a forms button. I got it there from the insert menu in the
same developer ribbon, but indeed, there are two separate sets of buttons.
I hadn't noticed (still getting used to 2007)

Thanks very much!!!! Its amazing how such a little thing can become a real
block, and somebody slightly stepped away from the problem can solve it!

BUT -----
Can i place an active X button on a chart? From the Insert dropdown of
Developer ribbon, the Acitve X controls are all grayed out if i'm on a
chart, but they are available on a worksheet. So, when on a chart, only the
Forms controls are available to place on the chart. Workaround???

Thanks again!

Tom

"TomCon" wrote in message
What gives here. I have the developer ribbon showing. Macros are
_definitely_ enabled. When i click the Deisgn Mode button on the
developer ribbon, basically, nothing happens. In either state (pressed
or not) for that button on the developer ribbon, when i use the mouse and
press any macro button that is on a sheet in the workbook, the macro
runs. I can't get to the point where i can select a button, edit its
properties, have it selected to "show code", etc.

Help!! How do i get into design mode in Excel 2007?? Tried
quitting/restart Excel, no luck there.

Thanks,
tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

No work around. Charts and chartobjects can not contain active-x controls.
This is true for all xl versions.

Cheers
Andy

--