Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 Design Mode

I'm migrating my Excel 2003 VBA add-in to Excel 2007 and am having a little
trouble with Excel's Design Mode:

First, I can't manually get Excel 2007 into design mode. I go to the
Developer tab and insert a command button onto the active worksheet. If I
then click the Design Mode button on the ribbon and then try to select the
just inserted command button, Excel tries to run the OnAction macro. I can
keep on clicking the Design Mode button and it doesn't do any good.

Second, my add-in contains code to put Excel into and out of Design Mode.
I've tried the previously published techniques (e.g.,
Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1605).Exec ute or
Application.CommandBars("Control Toolbox").Controls("&Design Mode").
Execute) and neither of them work.

Anybody got any ideas?

TIA,

josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oddly enough, Josh, I don't have either problem. Design mode seems to be
operating just as it did in Excel 2003.

--
Jim
"Josh Sale" <jsale@tril dot cod wrote in message
| I'm migrating my Excel 2003 VBA add-in to Excel 2007 and am having a
little
| trouble with Excel's Design Mode:
|
| First, I can't manually get Excel 2007 into design mode. I go to the
| Developer tab and insert a command button onto the active worksheet. If I
| then click the Design Mode button on the ribbon and then try to select the
| just inserted command button, Excel tries to run the OnAction macro. I
can
| keep on clicking the Design Mode button and it doesn't do any good.
|
| Second, my add-in contains code to put Excel into and out of Design Mode.
| I've tried the previously published techniques (e.g.,
| Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1605).Exec ute or
| Application.CommandBars("Control Toolbox").Controls("&Design Mode").
| Execute) and neither of them work.
|
| Anybody got any ideas?
|
| TIA,
|
| josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim!

I'm a dope!!

I went back and tested again and noticed that I was testing with a Form
command button instead of an ActiveX command button. Everything was working
just fine.

FWIW, there's now a better way to accomplish this in Excel 2007:

Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("DesignMode")

Thanks again,

josh

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Oddly enough, Josh, I don't have either problem. Design mode seems to be
operating just as it did in Excel 2003.

--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If someone is still stuck with this issue, try right clicking on the Form control button, to select it.

Josh Sale wrote:

Excel 2007 Design Mode
14-Feb-07

I'm migrating my Excel 2003 VBA add-in to Excel 2007 and am having a little
trouble with Excel's Design Mode:

First, I can't manually get Excel 2007 into design mode. I go to the
Developer tab and insert a command button onto the active worksheet. If I
then click the Design Mode button on the ribbon and then try to select the
just inserted command button, Excel tries to run the OnAction macro. I can
keep on clicking the Design Mode button and it doesn't do any good.

Second, my add-in contains code to put Excel into and out of Design Mode.
I've tried the previously published techniques (e.g.,
Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1605).Exec ute or
Application.CommandBars("Control Toolbox").Controls("&Design Mode").
Execute) and neither of them work.

Anybody got any ideas?

TIA,

josh