Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel printer paper source

How do I change the paper source of an Excel printer using Visual Basic?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can specify the paper size, but I don't know of a way to select the tray.
I looked for a dialog box call that might give you an option to manually
select a source tray, but didn't see one. Maybe some one has developed an
add in that I don't know about.

How do I change the paper source of an Excel printer using Visual Basic?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would approach this problem by switching on Record Macro and then starting
a print job during which I would select a tray. Then I would look at the
recorded macro to see if there was a line of code that did the task.
I do not have a printer with two paper trays so I cannot experiment.

But a quick Google makes it seem I am wrong. Have a look at:
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...n_a_Macro.html
This workaround (and other hits) suggest defining a series of printers each
with a different tray selected. Then in VBA you select the appropriate
printer.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"harrybigby" wrote in message
How do I change the paper source of an Excel printer using Visual Basic?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at:
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...n_a_Macro.html
This workaround (and other Google hits) suggest defining a series of