Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default How to change the printer paper source for all worksheets in a wrk

So here is my dilemna, I have a user who has an Excel workbook (Excel 2007)
which contains 14 worksheets. When he attempts to print this workbook, he
implicitely tells the printer driver to use the Manual Paper Feed as the
paper source for the entire workbook in his Dell MFP 3115cn printer, the
printer he is connected to. However, two of the workbook's worksheets refuse
to adhere to this setting (when you go to the page's setup for these
worksheets, the printer's paper source, in the printing preferences section,
is still listed as auto instead of MPF). This behavior occurs irrespective
of the printer used, in other words, the same occurs when attempting to print
to another printer. All worksheet pages are the same size (legal) and have
the same layout (landscape). So my question is, is there a way to force all
worksheets in this workbook to use the manual paper feed tray without having
to change this setting manually on each of the offending worksheets?
Apparently, this document will have a ton of revisions each week (roughly 10
to 20) and doing this manually is just not feasible for our chairman.

Your assistance with this will be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default How to change the printer paper source for all worksheets in a

I tried that but it did not work.

Joe wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Yes, it appears that the pages in question retain theses settings. However,
I just noticed that when I send this workbook to the printer to be printed,
three separate jobs are sent to the printer's queue. My guess is that this
may explain why these settings do not take for the entire workbook...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Yes, they are. I'm confirming with the document's owner whether or not there
are any macros in the workbook but I do not get a warning message about
macros when I open it so I don't think so.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

It seems this workbook was "misconstructed". The document's creator provided
us with a version that prints normally but with no explanation as to why the
original version was abnormal.

Thanks for all your help, Bob I!