Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printer Paper Source Setup

Hi, I've gathered through some searching that there's no simple method in VBA
to set the desired printer tray programatically prior to printing a job
through a macro, then setting the printer back to it's default tray. I tried
building a VB (Visual Studio 2005) app separately allowing command line
arguments to set the tray and it works while the VB app is live but then
reverts back once the app closes. My plan was to make a "Shell" call from
VBA to set the tray position at the start of the macro, then make another
"Shell" call to set it back at the end of the print job. I was planning for
the VB app to run and close as any other command during the progress through
the macro but if the settings are only temporary in the VB app, it won't
work. Does anyone have any advice for "permanently" setting the local
printer tray selection through VB 8 or VBA? I'm just getting started on the
..NET platform, coming off of VB 6.0. Thanks much.