Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Debra Dalgleish's Excel file that displays a comment in a cell instead of a pop-up

I went to Ms. Dalgleish's web site: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Comments

There is an excelent sample file about displaying comments in a cell
of the worksheet rather than the pop-up method Excel has.

How do I use this code? Is there a way to import the project (not
module) in which the code is found into my personal.xls. Ms.
Dalgleish's file is NOT an add-in. I looked at her code and it
contains "private" subs. Should I just save her file as another name--
make it an xlt file, and then use her code? That does NOT seem a good
method to me--there are other codes in projects at other web sites
that I want to use also along with Ms. Dalgleish's code. I would
appreciate any help. Thank you.

Steve G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debra's code is tied to that worksheet.

You would have to add that code to the worksheet that should have that
behavior. And it also relies on another worksheet in the same workbook that has
that table of words and comments. You'd have to have a similar worksheet in
that workbook.

It looks to me like this is a pretty specific piece of code. I can't imagine
that I would want this behavior on every workbook that I open.

If I were doing it, I'd select that code and just copy|paste into the new
workbook's worksheet module where it belongs. And remember to create/copy that
CommentList worksheet and the named range (also CommentList).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mr. Peterson-