Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert and lock picture into a cell

I'm building a small inventory table where one of the fields will be
an image of an item.

I have a path to each image file in the table and can figure out how
to insert and image into a worksheet at a specified cell location, but
I can't figure out how to lock an image within a certain cell.

I need to get the image to be part of a cell and move around anywhere
the cell is moved. Changing the image properties to "Move with cell"
doesn't quite do it because it only seems to apply if I'm inserting or
deleting cells around the cell with the image.

Any ideas with how to lock an image inside a specified cell?

Thanks.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
images are displayed in image controls and controls "float" on top of the
sheet. that's why you can move them all around. they cannot be assigned to or
put into cells. the move with cell is about as close as you can get.

regards
FSt1

"robotman" wrote:

I'm building a small inventory table where one of the fields will be
an image of an item.

I have a path to each image file in the table and can figure out how
to insert and image into a worksheet at a specified cell location, but
I can't figure out how to lock an image within a certain cell.

I need to get the image to be part of a cell and move around anywhere
the cell is moved. Changing the image properties to "Move with cell"
doesn't quite do it because it only seems to apply if I'm inserting or
deleting cells around the cell with the image.

Any ideas with how to lock an image inside a specified cell?

Thanks.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

They will move with cells only if the image is small enough to fit within the
cell boundaries.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP