Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Moving numbers to different months

I can not work how to solve the follwing problem, please bear with me.

I have a loan e.g. £3m taken out in Nov 07

This loan will have the following drawings (negative number in months) and
final repayment (postive number in months)

2008
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May Jun Jul Aug Sept etc
(50k) (50k) 3100k =zero
(ie -3000-50-50+3100)

What I want to do is to move the repayment amount (£3100k) to different
months, depending on the number of months I input into a particular cell. For
example the cell is in a sheet that makes certain assumptions. If I type 5 in
this cell, the repayment amount of £3100k should move 5 month from Mar 08 to
Aug 08, If I type 3 it should move Jun 08.

Just to let you know Mar is the maturity date of this loan.But I need to
have the ability to change the number of months

I don't know how to factor in an IF statement that could have a range from 1
month to poss 24 months. ie more than 1 If statements.

If you do answer could you please explain it in simply terms as my excel
skills are average to say the least.

Thank you in adance for your help.

Best regards

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul.
From the Italian NG, by Mr. Ivano, a possible solution:

in A2 starting date 01/03/2007
in B2 rate numbers 5
in C2 total amount 5000
in
D2:M2 =IF(AND(($B2+MONTH($A2)-1)=(COLUMN(D2)-3);MONTH($A2)<=(COLUMN(D2)-3));$C2/$B2;"-")
in D1:M1 month 1:10 jan : oct

extend the copy of the formula in accordance with your riferiments.

Regards,