Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I spread numbers over several months?

I have a spreadsheet in which I am trying to take a number associated with a
date and spread that number over a certain # of months.

Total Hours Est. Close Ship Date Nov-08 Dec-08 Jan-09 Feb-09
160 10-17-08 9-18-09

So....what I need to do is take the 160 hours and 10% of that has to go into
the Sep-09 bucket and the rest has to be spread from the 10-17-08 date into
the next 3 months at 25% for the 1st month, 50% for the 2nd month and 15% of
the 3rd month.

The criteria a hours <100 spread over 2 months at 40%, then 50%
hours 101-400 spread over 2 months at 25%, then
50%, then 15%

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
DMM