Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate and UDF

I have 2 UDF that I use in roughly 100 cells over 6 worksheets.

Originally I had Application.Volatile within the UDF's themselves, but
this made the entire workbook unresponsive whenever one value changed.
Now that I've removed it I want to add a button to one of the
worksheets with the following code

Private Sub CalculateButton_Click()
Dim evalArr() As String
Dim i As Long
evalArr = getDefinitionList("Evaluators")
For i = 1 To UBound(evalArr)
Worksheets(evalArr(i)).Calculate
Next i
End Sub

However this doesn't update the UDF's like they should.

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you could post the code for your UDF. We might be able to make it
smart calc and avoid the whole button issue all together.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Chris" wrote:

I have 2 UDF that I use in roughly 100 cells over 6 worksheets.

Originally I had Application.Volatile within the UDF's themselves, but
this made the entire workbook unresponsive whenever one value changed.
Now that I've removed it I want to add a button to one of the
worksheets with the following code

Private Sub CalculateButton_Click()
Dim evalArr() As String
Dim i As Long
evalArr = getDefinitionList("Evaluators")
For i = 1 To UBound(evalArr)
Worksheets(evalArr(i)).Calculate
Next i
End Sub

However this doesn't update the UDF's like they should.

What am I missing?

calculate time does not calculate Wanna Learn Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 19th 08 12:51 AM
calculate Joye Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 18th 07 01:31 PM
Activesheet.Calculate failing to calculate Daniel Bonallack Excel Programming 2 October 11th 06 03:16 AM
Calculate Anant Arde Excel Programming 1 November 30th 05 01:32 AM
Macro that hide or unhide and not calculate or calculate Jonsson Excel Programming 1 August 19th 03 04:22 PM