Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate

Hi,

I am Anant Basant from New Delhi India.

I have been looking for any answers for a typical problem in Excel that
occurs every now and then. When I open a file it starts showing calculate. I
have tried the following :

1. Turn calculation mode to Automatic from Options
2. From immediate window "Application.Calculation=xlCalculationAutomati c "

Nothing happens. If I open and close the file 4 or 5 times, it goes, but I
am still searching for the causes.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Calculation mode is an application setting that's picked up from the first
workbook that you open in that session.

So if the first workbook you open has calculation set to manual, then excel will
be in manual calculation mode.

If the first workbook you open has calculation set to automatic, then excel will
be in automatic calculation mode.

If you notice that tools|options|calculation tab has calculation set for
automatic, maybe it's this situation:

XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References

--

Dave Peterson