Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Want to access the SUBTOTAL of a list from within a worksheet

I think that this is an easy question but I simply couldn't find the answer.

I have the following list in XL2003

Column1 Column 2
PAYMENTS 100
CREDIT 200
PAYMENTS 1000

I want to create a formula somewhere in Sheet1 that will produce me the
equivalent of the sum of Column 2 where Column1=PAYMENTS. In other wants the
SUM of PAYMENTS is 1100. How can I access this sum using a formula somewhere
in my worksheet.

Thanks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With your posted data in columns A and B...

AND
C1: PAYMENTS

Then this formula returns the sum of
Col_B amounts corresponding to PAYMENTS:
D1: =SUMIF(A1:B5,C1,B1:B5)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Michael" wrote in message
I think that this is an easy question but I simply couldn't find the
answer.

I have the following list in XL2003

Column1 Column 2
PAYMENTS 100
CREDIT 200
PAYMENTS 1000

I want to create a formula somewhere in Sheet1 that will produce me the
equivalent of the sum of Column 2 where Column1=PAYMENTS. In other wants
the SUM of PAYMENTS is 1100. How can I access this sum using a formula
somewhere in my worksheet.

Thanks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)