Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Hyperlink created with a macro, altered on save.

I have a workbook (Workbook1) that contains a macro. When the macro is run it
creates a hyperlink on one of the worksheets to another workbook(workbook2).
The hyperlink works fine until I click the save button to save the workbook1.
It then changes the hyperlink path and it no longer links to workbook2. What
is really confusing is that this only happens on a certain computer. When
its tested on other computers on the network it works no problem and anybody
can link to Workbook2 from Workbook1 hyperlink except for hyperlinks created
by the one computer. Any idea what the issue is?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A few people have said that this has resolved the problem for them:

File|Properties|Summary Tab|Hyperlink Base
change it to C:\
(something that's always available)

I like to use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. It has never failed me this
way:

=hyperlink("file:////yourpathtothe\workbook.xls","Click me")

--

Dave Peterson