DF2000

Default can not save altered files over network

I raised this subject previously and got helpful advice. However, a separate
problem arose - bit of history below:

I uninstalled the Windows XP update KB885250 and that removed the problem.
However, my PC immediately informed me the Windows XP update KB885250 was
available and when I let it reinstall, the problem returned.

Do you think I should just avoid installing this update (though I think my
pc will be interupting me all day to tell me about it) or is there something
else I should try?

David

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

If you installed Windows XP update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability in
server message block could allow remote code execution", try
uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.

DF2000 wrote:

My pc is running Win XP. In MS Word and MS Excel (office 2000) I can open
files over network from win98 machines. I can also make changes and save.
However, if I try to save with a new name I get the message:
The folder (filename with network address) isn't accessible. The folder may
be located on an unavailable volume or protected with a password.

I have downloaded all service packs.

I can find the file using windows explorer and rename it over the network.
The problem only seems to occur from my XPpro PC using the MS office
programs - pretty inconvenient through!
Anyone help?