Conajo

Default record an excel macro, save on network so that everyone can access

How do I record a macro in Excel, and have it available for everyone to use
from a network location? Saving it in "Personal.xls" does not make it
available to any other computer user. Saving it under any other choice makes
it always refer back to another file after save as....
Gord Dibben

Conajo

Save the workbook with the macro as an Add-in(*.xla) and stick that somewhere
all users can access and load in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:55:07 -0800, Conajo
wrote:

How do I record a macro in Excel, and have it available for everyone to use
from a network location? Saving it in "Personal.xls" does not make it
available to any other computer user. Saving it under any other choice makes
it always refer back to another file after save as....

Conajo

Thanks
Will give it a try and see how it works...I am trying to make life more easy
for some of the more computer illiterate at where I work, and I probably know
just enough to be dangerous...:-)

wrote:

How do I record a macro in Excel, and have it available for everyone to use
from a network location? Saving it in "Personal.xls" does not make it
available to any other computer user. Saving it under any other choice makes
it always refer back to another file after save as....

Conajo

Gord
I saved the file with .xla, placed it on a drive on our server. Opened
Excel, Tools, add ins, browsed for the file, tried to open it, and it tells
me this file is not a valid add in.

wrote:

How do I record a macro in Excel, and have it available for everyone to use
from a network location? Saving it in "Personal.xls" does not make it
available to any other computer user. Saving it under any other choice makes
it always refer back to another file after save as....

Gord Dibben

And just give a name.

Excel will look after adding the .xla extension

Gord