Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm & listBox

I need some info on UserForm.
If I call the USERFORM with:
"UserForm.show Modal"
And inside this userform i have a listrBox & CommandButton to validate the
choice from the list box
The program must be stop to wait for the selection & the click on the OK
button from the user?
Could you confirme this assumption.
Thank you very much.

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

True, but you can capture the click of the close button and ignore it
forcing the user to click the OK button, correct? I could be
misunderstanding the OP's question.
Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose _
(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then Cancel = True
End Sub

"jean" wrote in message
I need some info on UserForm.
If I call the USERFORM with:
"UserForm.show Modal"
And inside this userform i have a listrBox & CommandButton to validate the
choice from the list box
The program must be stop to wait for the selection & the click on the OK
button from the user?
Could you confirme this assumption.
Thank you very much.

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jean" wrote in message
I need some info on UserForm.
If I call the USERFORM with:
"UserForm.show Modal"
And inside this userform i have a listrBox & CommandButton to validate the
choice from the list box
The program must be stop to wait for the selection & the click on the OK
button from the user?
Could you confirme this assumption.
Thank you very much.

Jean

I am sorry I think my question was no very clear .
What I would like know if is true that the userform stop the flow of the
program.
Thank you.

Jean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes.

If you are using xl2k+, you can show the userform modelessly:

userform1.show false

and you can do other things while the userform is displayed.

jean wrote:

I need some info on UserForm.
If I call the USERFORM with:
"UserForm.show Modal"
And inside this userform i have a listrBox & CommandButton to validate the
choice from the list box
The program must be stop to wait for the selection & the click on the OK
button from the user?
Could you confirme this assumption.
Thank you very much.

Jean

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it does stop the flow of the VBA procedure that called it, but you can
still interact with the spreadsheet, either via code, or by showing the form
modelessly.

--
HTH

Bob

Bob Phillips wrote:
No, they could hit the X in the top-right and close the form down.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)