Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button to change view location

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Goto Range:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

would be in the click event of the button. Just change the details of the
location to go to for each of the other.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, thanks!

Just one last super-newbie thing. Where do I put that?

I can place the button, and then right click to "view code", select the
button and click, and get this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Everything I try from there doesn't work. Sorry for the super newbie but
everyone starts somewhere. Again, I dug around but didn't find the answer (I
tried a bunch but none worked).

Thanks!

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Range:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True
End Sub

Dan

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Keith,

When I tested this the error was "Named argument not found".

Try changing

Application.Goto Range:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

Dan

On Sep 27, 7:36 am, Keith-NB
wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,
I made the change and now get the following error:

Run time error '9'

subscript out of range.

VBA is awesome just painful sometimes.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Keith

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

Please copy the complete procedure here and let me know which line is
highlighted when it returns an error.

Dan

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,
Here it is:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

End Sub

Pretty much exactly how it looks on the screen.

From A in Application through E in True is highlighted in the error message.

Thanks for your help with this.

Best,
Keith

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Keith,

The procedure works when I try it using Excel 2000 on Windows XP
professional.

What Excel version and operating system are you using?

Chip Pearson says, "This error typically occurs when you are
attempting to retrieve, by name, an item from a collection, and no
item by that name exists. For example, the following code will raise
an error 9 if there is no sheet named 'Sheet4'.

MsgBox Worksheets("Sheet4").Name"

Dan

On Sep 27, 12:24 pm, Keith-NB
wrote:
Dan,
Here it is:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

End Sub

Pretty much exactly how it looks on the screen.

From A in Application through E in True is highlighted in the error message.

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,
YEAH!! That worked here too.

I had previously been testing it on Excel 2007 and Vista.

My older Excel 2000 and XP machine did it perfectly and that'll do.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Keith,

The procedure works when I try it using Excel 2000 on Windows XP
professional.

What Excel version and operating system are you using?

Chip Pearson says, "This error typically occurs when you are
attempting to retrieve, by name, an item from a collection, and no
item by that name exists. For example, the following code will raise
an error 9 if there is no sheet named 'Sheet4'.

MsgBox Worksheets("Sheet4").Name"

Dan

On Sep 27, 12:24 pm, Keith-NB
wrote:
Dan,
Here it is:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

End Sub

Pretty much exactly how it looks on the screen.

From A in Application through E in True is highlighted in the error message.

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

I'm glad that helped.

Dan

"dan dungan" wrote:
Hi Keith,

The procedure works when I try it using Excel 2000 on Windows XP
professional.

What Excel version and operating system are you using?

Chip Pearson says, "This error typically occurs when you are
attempting to retrieve, by name, an item from a collection, and no
item by that name exists. For example, the following code will raise
an error 9 if there is no sheet named 'Sheet4'.

MsgBox Worksheets("Sheet4").Name"

Dan

On Sep 27, 12:24 pm, Keith-NB
wrote:
Dan,
Here it is:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

End Sub

Pretty much exactly how it looks on the screen.

From A in Application through E in True is highlighted in the error message.

wrote:
Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote: