Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith-NB[_2_] Keith-NB[_2_] is offline

Default Button to change view location

Dan, Team,
I did try the code below. It ran but came back with an error of something
along the line of "invalid outside procedure", highlighting the A1352 text.

Any thoughts on why that would be and what I need to do to debug?

Thanks again to all for the assistance.

Best,
Keith

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Keith,

Did you try?:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Goto Range:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True
End Sub

Dan

On Sep 26, 1:32 pm, Keith-NB
wrote:
Tom, thanks!

Just one last super-newbie thing. Where do I put that?

I can place the button, and then right click to "view code", select the
button and click, and get this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Everything I try from there doesn't work. Sorry for the super newbie but
everyone starts somewhere. Again, I dug around but didn't find the answer (I
tried a bunch but none worked).

Thanks!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
Application.Goto Range:=Worksheets("Detail1") _
.Range("A1352"), Scroll:=True

would be in the click event of the button. Just change the details of the
location to go to for each of the other.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keith-NB" wrote:

I dug around but didn't find this issue (although likely basic). I'm no VBA
programmer so step by step help would be appreciated.

I have a multi-sheet workbook. "Summary", "Detail1", "Detail2".

In the summary sheet, I would like to have three buttons:
1. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1 in the
upper left corner.
2. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail1" with cell A1352 in
the upper left corner.
3. When pressed would move the user to view "Detail2" with cell CC1219 in
the upper left corner.

This would greatly ease my use of excel for a collaborative presentation.
Any help will be appreciated. These community boards are awesome!

Best,
Keith