Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EJ EJ is offline

Default Is there a formula that I can use that will give the row data?

I have this data in sheet 2

Name Addresss Telephone Designation
Vinita Balan International City 213 EMBA
Arunita Paul International City 210 GMBA
Katherine Paras Al Wasl 212 GMBA
I have sheet 1 with this information

Name Addresss Telephone Designation

What I want is when I type the name on sheet1 A2 - B2 to B4 will
automatically show up or a window will pop up will all the data found under
this name like the one in access?

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try this in B2 and drag right to B4

=VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$D$20,COLUMN(B2),FALSE)

change the range A2 - D20 to suit

Mike
"ej" wrote:

I have this data in sheet 2

Name Addresss Telephone Designation
Vinita Balan International City 213 EMBA
Arunita Paul International City 210 GMBA
Katherine Paras Al Wasl 212 GMBA
I have sheet 1 with this information

Name Addresss Telephone Designation

What I want is when I type the name on sheet1 A2 - B2 to B4 will
automatically show up or a window will pop up will all the data found under
this name like the one in access?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use the Vlookup fuction

in sheet1, B2 for example

=if(A2="","",Vlookup(A2,Sheet2!A:D,2,False))

in C2
=if(A2="","",Vlookup(A2,Sheet2!A:D,3,False))

in D2

=if(A2="","",Vlookup(A2,Sheet2!A:D,4,False))

Tom Ogilvy

"ej" wrote:

I have this data in sheet 2

Name Addresss Telephone Designation
Vinita Balan International City 213 EMBA
Arunita Paul International City 210 GMBA
Katherine Paras Al Wasl 212 GMBA
I have sheet 1 with this information

Name Addresss Telephone Designation

What I want is when I type the name on sheet1 A2 - B2 to B4 will
automatically show up or a window will pop up will all the data found under
this name like the one in access?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would add to Mike's comment. You took a great step in putting the data on
a separate sheet. This will allow you to add as many records as necessary.
Now, define a named range using the following formula to point to that data:

Name: tblCustInfo (or whatever)
Refers To: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),COUNT A(Sheet1!$1:$1))

This dynamic named range will grow with your data. Now, Mike's formula
becomes :

=VLOOKUP($A2,tblCustInfo,COLUMN(),FALSE)

and it can be copied to each of the columns in your Sheet2 (assuming you use
the same column headings in Sheet2).

HTH,
Pflugs