Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform design - keyboard to move controls?

Hi

I'm designing a Userform for the first time, and finding positioning
controls just horrible. I'm used to the Access design environment,
where you can select a control and use arrow-keys/shift+arrows/ctrl
+arrows to move and size your controls.

Is there any way to do this when designing Userforms in Excel? I find
using the mouse just frustrating and infuriating.

thanks

seb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not that I am aware of. You can adjust the Top and Left properties of
the selected form object to position it or you can use the Format menu
to do basic alignments and things of that nature.
sebt wrote:
Hi

I'm designing a Userform for the first time, and finding positioning
controls just horrible. I'm used to the Access design environment,
where you can select a control and use arrow-keys/shift+arrows/ctrl
+arrows to move and size your controls.

Is there any way to do this when designing Userforms in Excel? I find
using the mouse just frustrating and infuriating.

thanks

seb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 25, 2:50 pm, JW wrote:
Not that I am aware of. You can adjust the Top and Left properties of
the selected form object to position it or you can use the Format menu
to do basic alignments and things of that nature.

Thanks JW. I suspected as much, having tried arrow keys, ALT, CTRL,
SHIFT and all combinations - but it's good to have it confirmed.
(Interestingly, on my machine, ALT GR and arrow keys changes the
orientation of the screen display - sideways or upside-down. Can't
wait til my colleague next to me leaves his desk for a new
minutes...)