Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to refer to the specified sheet in the workbook?

Hello,
I have asked that before to no reply, so I will rephrase my
question below.
Let say that:
Book1.xls file contains 3 spreadsheets: Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3
Book2.xls file contains 2 spreadsheets: Sheet1, Sheet2

My application's preferences window allows user to save preferred sheet as
the sheet to be used by my app.
How to do that?
For example user wants to use Sheet2 from Book1.xls
How to show that in the options window?
File name:
Book1.xls/Sheet2 ?
Is there any standard regulating that?
Your help appreciated,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:27:53 -0400, "Jack" <replyto@it wrote:

Hello,
I have asked that before to no reply, so I will rephrase my
question below.
Let say that:
Book1.xls file contains 3 spreadsheets: Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3
Book2.xls file contains 2 spreadsheets: Sheet1, Sheet2

My application's preferences window allows user to save preferred sheet as
the sheet to be used by my app.
How to do that?
For example user wants to use Sheet2 from Book1.xls
How to show that in the options window?
File name:
Book1.xls/Sheet2 ?
Is there any standard regulating that?

If you refer to another book in a formula, it looks like this

[Book1.xls]Sheet2

so that may be identifiable to the user. You'll have to parse it in your
code, of course.
--
Dick