Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Table Live

Hi,

Is there a way you can show a table (or named range) live in a userform like
can be done in access? By live I mean changes can be made to the table and
they are saved.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I see the data form which would work but I need to limit the length of the
range. I've tried to set it to my named range but this was unsuccessful.

Range("Types").Select
Sheets("Table").ShowDataForm

I've tried it as activesheet as well. Won't this feature accept a named
range? Is there a way to set this row limit?

Thanks,

"Karen53" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way you can show a table (or named range) live in a userform like
can be done in access? By live I mean changes can be made to the table and
they are saved.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without knowing what Range("Types") is (does it include the headers???)

with sheets("table")
.range("Types").name = "'" & .name & "'!database"
.showdataform
end with

It looks for a name of "database".

Some more info:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q110462
XL: ShowDataForm Method Fails If Data Can't Be Found

--

Dave Peterson