Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gonepostal

Default Show value in Data Table but not on live chart

I am wanting to make a pivot chart that will show four data items in the data table, and only show two of the items in the line chart. I have found I can hide the lines, then I have to change and limit the Y axis. If I change to a different pivot item, then I have to rehide the lines again. Is there a simpler way to limit the lines in the chart and still keep the four items in the data table?

Thanks,
Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Ed -

About all you could do is record a macro while you fix the pivot chart, then
run the macro each time you repivot the table. Pivot charts and tables are
notorious for losing any custom formatting when the pivot table changes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services