Armadillo

Default Can you show data in a data table but not plot it on the chart?

I need to be able to include a total column in a data table on the stacked
chart I'm doing but not plot it on the chart itself. Is this possible and
how?
John Mansfield

Armadillo,

Unfortunately you can't add totals to a chart-generated data table.
However, with a little formatting work you can create a data table with
worksheets cells. Please see this site for an example:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=509

----------------------------
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Armadillo" wrote:

I need to be able to include a total column in a data table on the stacked
chart I'm doing but not plot it on the chart itself. Is this possible and
how?

Jon Peltier

In general John's suggestion is best. However, if it's not a complicated
table, you could add the Total series to the chart, then format it so it
doesn't show (no line, no markers, no fill, nothing).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services