Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FGM FGM is offline

Default Xlusrgal

Windows 2000
excel 2002

I have a group of macros that I run on several xls files.. might have 10 -
20 files open at once. In some of my macros I create charts using
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:= _
"CEL-dBA Chart"
chart TypeName differs.

The macros work and everything I want gets created ...
The problem comes when I close the files. I get the error message "Send
Error Message to Microsoft" Then Excel closes and reopens with the
Xlusrgal.xls as being the problem file.
I have always just exited out of excel and not restored the Xlusrgal.xls and
all is well. However, I am tired of this message always coming up. I
believe it started being a problem when I switched to Excel 2002 from 95.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you post the part of your code that closes the files and ends the
program so we can take a look to see if there is any identifiable glitch.
Also, is any part of your program written in the old XL4 macro code or is it
all in VB?

"FGM" wrote:

Windows 2000
excel 2002

I have a group of macros that I run on several xls files.. might have 10 -
20 files open at once. In some of my macros I create charts using
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:= _
"CEL-dBA Chart"
chart TypeName differs.

The macros work and everything I want gets created ...
The problem comes when I close the files. I get the error message "Send
Error Message to Microsoft" Then Excel closes and reopens with the
Xlusrgal.xls as being the problem file.
I have always just exited out of excel and not restored the Xlusrgal.xls and
all is well. However, I am tired of this message always coming up. I
believe it started being a problem when I switched to Excel 2002 from 95.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it's any consolation, I've somehow corrupted my own xlusrgal file, and
whatever I've tried will not restore it. Even reinstalling Office (though
I've never completely wiped Office off the computer prior to the reinstall).
It's not just on one machine, but on every machine I use for business. While
I don't get the full blown Excel crash, it's probably somehow related.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"FGM" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jon wrote:
<<I've somehow corrupted my own xlusrgal file, and whatever I've tried
will not restore it.

You mean even deleting the xlusrgal file, and manually re-creating the
custom chart types to force Excel to regenerate the xlusrgal file?
Bill Renaud

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was one of the first things I tried. It would seem to work, Excel would
seem to save a new user defined chart type, then when I quit Excel later,
I'd get errors regarding the gallery.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bill Renaud" wrote in message
. ..
Jon wrote:
<<I've somehow corrupted my own xlusrgal file, and whatever I've tried
will not restore it.

You mean even deleting the xlusrgal file, and manually re-creating the
custom chart types to force Excel to regenerate the xlusrgal file?
Bill Renaud

xlusrgal.xls in excel 2007 Eric Excel Programming 2 March 1st 07 10:45 PM
Xlusrgal.xls FGM Excel Programming 2 December 23rd 05 01:09 PM
Unable to locate XLUSRGAL.XLS alf_gon Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 24th 05 05:38 PM
Problem with xlusrgal.xls file Alfred S C Lee Charts and Charting in Excel 2 December 29th 04 05:54 PM
Updating xlusrgal.xls on other PCs Derek[_4_] Excel Programming 6 September 5th 03 07:38 AM