Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Xlusrgal

If it's any consolation, I've somehow corrupted my own xlusrgal file, and
whatever I've tried will not restore it. Even reinstalling Office (though
I've never completely wiped Office off the computer prior to the reinstall).
It's not just on one machine, but on every machine I use for business. While
I don't get the full blown Excel crash, it's probably somehow related.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"FGM" wrote in message
Windows 2000
excel 2002

I have a group of macros that I run on several xls files.. might have
10 -
20 files open at once. In some of my macros I create charts using
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:= _
"CEL-dBA Chart"
chart TypeName differs.

The macros work and everything I want gets created ...
The problem comes when I close the files. I get the error message "Send
Error Message to Microsoft" Then Excel closes and reopens with the
Xlusrgal.xls as being the problem file.
I have always just exited out of excel and not restored the Xlusrgal.xls
and
all is well. However, I am tired of this message always coming up. I
believe it started being a problem when I switched to Excel 2002 from 95.

thanks.