Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change cell value to next in series upon opening worksheet?

I have a protected form for users to fill out in Excel which has a
requisition # in the top right cell... I want the requisition # to change to
the next increment in the series each time the worksheet is opened... that
way, the next user automatically has the new requisition # on the form when
it is printed.

The Requisition # starts with M1000 and I want it to change to M1001 the
next time it is opened, then M1002 the next time... etc.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the link... I am studying it... but, is there an easier way to
automate incremental updates of a cell (especially because it includes
letters, and the code looks like it requires a number format)?

Thanks again,
Connie

Connie wrote:

I have a protected form for users to fill out in Excel which has a
requisition # in the top right cell... I want the requisition # to change to
the next increment in the series each time the worksheet is opened... that
way, the next user automatically has the new requisition # on the form when
it is printed.

The Requisition # starts with M1000 and I want it to change to M1001 the
next time it is opened, then M1002 the next time... etc.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code can be modified to produce letters (e.g., concatenate "M" with
the sequential number).

That's the easiest method I know. I don't deliberately suggest
harder/more complicated solutions...