Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill Series Dates: not letting me change the series from year to m

Hi, I am using 2003 and was copying a series of dates from a spreadsheet (
2003) into a new spreadsheet. I then wanted to use the Fill Series to
display ascending months on these dates e.g. 01/01/2008, 02/01/2008 etc.
However, it is only doing the years in a series. I went into EditFill Series
and selected DATE and MONTH as my settings but still no joy.

Is their some settings that is preventing me from changing the series
automatically?

--
Regards
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the entry in the cells after the copy process... I think you will find
an apostrophe in front of each "date" meaning they are not dates, but text
that looks like a date. If you remove the apostrophes, it should then work
as you expect.

Rick