Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NOT ABLE INSERT CHART

Hi

I have a problem in inserting chart in excel 2007, I was using charts
on one worksheet which was recovered by excel without charts being
displayed. From that time onwards I am not able to insert any charts
into worksheet. I get the information window "Some chart types cannot
be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type" and
control is again transferred to chart type selection window. I tried
all types of chart in new work book, in 97-2003 compatible work book
but still I am not able to insert chart

Can anyone help me to resolve the problem, Thanks in advance

Warm Regards
Kiran Dixit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Excel there are two differen tt types of pages. Worksheets and charts.
It sounds like the default windows that are beiongg open by Excel are charts
instead off worksheets. Try on the menu Insert Worksheet. Then put some
datta in a few cells. Highlight the cells with the mouse. Then go to menu
Insert - chart. This should bring up the chart wizard and allow you to make
a new chart.

to determin if a sheet is really a chart or a worksheet go to the VBA editor
and look at the project window. worksheets will be called Sheets and Charts
will be called charts.

I suspect in a new workbook the default pages are charts instead of sheets.

"kiran kumar" wrote:

Hi

I have a problem in inserting chart in excel 2007, I was using charts
on one worksheet which was recovered by excel without charts being
displayed. From that time onwards I am not able to insert any charts
into worksheet. I get the information window "Some chart types cannot
be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type" and
control is again transferred to chart type selection window. I tried
all types of chart in new work book, in 97-2003 compatible work book
but still I am not able to insert chart

Can anyone help me to resolve the problem, Thanks in advance

Warm Regards
Kiran Dixit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

People seem to have reported more problems with charts from prior Excel
versions used in Excel 2007 than with charts created fresh by Excel 2007. To
me this means the safe way to proceed is to start with a fresh workbook in
2007, rebuild the sheet, then add new charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions