Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling for a particuler item of Excel 2007 help

Good morning !
I am using WIN XP SP2 and Office 2007.
In VBA, I want to show a particular item of Excel help, for example the item
relative to the help method.
A right click on the window of the help file, open on the method
"Application.help" gives the opportunity to copy the reference of the item :
HV10035867 . The command "display the source" brings up a message box "The
XML file cannot be seen". If I use in a sub
Application.Help , HV10035867 nothing happens. If I use Application.Help ,
10035867 the help file is opened but only on the first page.
What is the right syntax to get a particular item ?
Thanks
Aeronav

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a few changes in 2007

I update the functions workbook on my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

But not looked at the other items

In 2007 you use

Application.Assistance.ShowHelp

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Aeronav" wrote in message ...
Good morning !
I am using WIN XP SP2 and Office 2007.
In VBA, I want to show a particular item of Excel help, for example the item
relative to the help method.
A right click on the window of the help file, open on the method
"Application.help" gives the opportunity to copy the reference of the item :
HV10035867 . The command "display the source" brings up a message box "The
XML file cannot be seen". If I use in a sub
Application.Help , HV10035867 nothing happens. If I use Application.Help ,
10035867 the help file is opened but only on the first page.
What is the right syntax to get a particular item ?
Thanks
Aeronav

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bonjour,
I am always obliged to use the second argument "DEV", like
Application.Assistance.ShowHelp "HV10072384", "DEV" to go to a particular
topic,. If I use "" instead of "DEV" I go to the first page of the help
file.
But it is OK for me. Salutations
Aeronav