Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pol pol is offline

Default To find rate of each item from item.xls and to copy price.xls

I have two worksheet. How I can locate the corresponding price in item.xls
and to write in price.xls. Please help

1. Item.xls
2. price.xls

Item.xls
A B C
Code, description, rate
001 TV 12
002 COMPUTER 5
004 RECORD 6

Price.xls
A B
code rate
001 12
003 0
004 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use VLOOKUP to do this. Assuming both files are open at the
same time, something like this in B2 of price.xls:

=VLOOKUP(A2,[item.xls]sheet1!A:C,3,0)

I assume you have two separate workbooks - it's confusing to refer to
them as worksheets and then give them filenames.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 15, 7:43*am, pol wrote:
I have two worksheet. How I can locate the corresponding price in item.xls *
and to write in price.xls. Please help

1. Item.xls
2. price.xls

Item.xls
A * * * B * * * * * * * * * *C
Code, description, * *rate
001 * *TV * * * * * * * * 12
002 * *COMPUTER * * 5
004 * RECORD * * * * *6

Price.xls
A * * * * *B
code * * *rate
001 * * * 12
003 * * * 0
004 * * * 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pol pol is offline

Thanks for the reply and it is working fine. But if there is no match the
result will show as '#N/A' if there is no match in item.xls , the result
should be 0. How I can bring it as 0 instead of '#NA'.

Thanks a lote

On Jul 15, 7:43 am, pol wrote:
I have two worksheet. How I can locate the corresponding price in item.xls
and to write in price.xls. Please help

1. Item.xls
2. price.xls

Item.xls
A B C
Code, description, rate
001 TV 12
002 COMPUTER 5
004 RECORD 6

Price.xls
A B
code rate
001 12
003 0
004 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

And slightly more efficient would be
=IF(COUNTIF([item.xls]Sheet1!A:A,A2),
VLOOKUP(A2,[item.xls]Shee*t1!A:C,3,0),"")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

On Jul 15, 7:43 am, pol wrote:
I have two worksheet. How I can locate the corresponding price in
item.xls
and to write in price.xls. Please help

1. Item.xls
2. price.xls

Item.xls
A B C
Code, description, rate
001 TV 12
002 COMPUTER 5
004 RECORD 6

Price.xls
A B
code rate
001 12
003 0

signature database 4245 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4245 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pol pol is offline

Thanks for the reply. But I have one more doubt
I given the following formula

IF(COUNTIF([item.xls]sheet1!A:C,G7),TRUE,FALSE) , the result is showing as
true if the record exist in item.xls . At the same time I wrote another
VLOOKUP(G7,[item.xls]sheet1!A:C,3,0) the result is showing as '#NA' for the
same record which already showed as true in Countif .

What may be the reason for showing diffrent result in both function

On Jul 15, 7:43 am, pol wrote:
I have two worksheet. How I can locate the corresponding price in
item.xls
and to write in price.xls. Please help

1. Item.xls
2. price.xls

Item.xls
A B C
Code, description, rate
001 TV 12
002 COMPUTER 5
004 RECORD 6

Price.xls
A B
code rate
001 12
003 0

signature database 4245 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4245 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For an exact match
=VLOOKUP(A1,[Item.xls]SheetName!A2:C4,3,FALSE)

The above returns #N/A if no match

To find the largest value < lookup value
=VLOOKUP(A1,[Item.xls]SheetName!A2:C4,3)

Substitute SheetName with the name of the worksheet containing the
lookup table.

Better to use a named range

=VLOOKUP(A1,[Item.xls]SheetName!yourNamedRange,3)

?B?cG9s?= wrote in
: