Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel drop down lists

I am trying to make a drop down list that has three types of information.
Name, Employee Number and Record Number.
Which I have done but my problem is this.
When the employee chooses his name from the drop down box, I need Column A1
to have ONLY the name, Column B1 to have ONLY the employee number and Column
C1 to have ONLY the record number but I need this to happen all at once and
not by creating three seperate drop down lists as employees will not know
their record number.
The reason is that I have "Transpose" functions that are reading off of A1,
B1 and C1 and transposing that information onto other sheets in my workbook.
Is there a function that can read off of the cell with the drop down list
and then split the 3 forms of information up between the 3 respective cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create a table of name, employee number, and record number.

Add Data Validation to A1 and point it to the name column of the table.

In B1, add =VLOOKUP(A1,employee_table,2,False)

In C1, add =VLOOKUP(A1,employee_table,3,False)

--
HTH

Bob