Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Drop Down Lists Help

I'm attempting to make a drop down list that selects one particular item and
will sort the excel spreadsheet by the selection.

For example: If my list includes Fruit, Vegetables and Other, when I select
'Other' the only entries that show are 'Other'.

Any suggestions? I've scoured the Microsoft Excel help pages without any luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Laura
From what you say, I don't think you mean "sort". I think you mean
Filter. For instance, say you have a table of names, addresses, state,
phone numbers, etc. You want to see (filter) only those people from, say,
New York. You would click on Data - Filter - Auto Filter. Each of the
headers would now have a drop-down arrow. You would click the down-drop
arrow to the right of State, if that is the header of the state column. A
list would drop down showing every state in that column. You would click on
New York. Immediately, every row would be hidden except for all the rows
that have New York in the state column. Is that what you want? HTH Otto