Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel to Predict Value?

Hi everone,

Say you have 50 values in A column and you want to predict the 51th
value based on the previous 50 values. What Excel's function you use?

I know FORECAST(x,known_y's,known_x's) but I have only x values in my
example!

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

Sounds like you only have known-y's. You could put 1-50 in anther column as
your known-x's. Note Forecast is good only for broadly linear data.

Regards,
Peter T

ups.com...