Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Predict/Probability

Considering the pick3 lottery, is it possible for Excel to look at a range
A:A (actual drawings) then compare with range, a pool of numbers, say B1:E10
(no blanks, random order) and in, say G1, display/predict the most likely
number from the pool that might show based on the past history.

If you need a sample please see
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3fg7a as it has the sample of the
hits in Sheet1 and the pool of Numbers are on sheet2. Green represents
Straight hits and Yellow are Boxed Hits.

Thank you Max for your help thus far.

It's a stretch and I know predicting lottery is out there.. to imposible. My
Pool however has an assortment of real hits and I can watch it but I never
know which one is the most likely.

Thank you for trying this.

Luke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please define "Most Likely". Are you saying the most likely are the numbers
that have previously been picked the most times. I consider these the less
likely numbers. the most likely numbers are probably the ones that haven't
been picked previously.

The question is "Are all balls equal?". The Lottery systems have
Mathematicians analysing results to determine if there are problems. In NJ
they found two inconsistancies.

1) There was a ball that wasn't the same as the other balls and had this
ball replaced.
2) They had one drawing where more people won than any other time. They
found the reason for the larger number of winners was due to the fact that
these people got the same fortune cookie fortune with the same 5 numbers on
the fortune. These people played the numbers on the fortune cookie and won.

"Luke" wrote:

Considering the pick3 lottery, is it possible for Excel to look at a range
A:A (actual drawings) then compare with range, a pool of numbers, say B1:E10
(no blanks, random order) and in, say G1, display/predict the most likely
number from the pool that might show based on the past history.

If you need a sample please see
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3fg7a as it has the sample of the
hits in Sheet1 and the pool of Numbers are on sheet2. Green represents
Straight hits and Yellow are Boxed Hits.

Thank you Max for your help thus far.

It's a stretch and I know predicting lottery is out there.. to imposible. My
Pool however has an assortment of real hits and I can watch it but I never
know which one is the most likely.

Thank you for trying this.

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joel, youre right I should be more specific. I guess I am too close to the
action.
I uploaded a revised workbook "Test2Book" at
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g2i0. All the numbers being
arbitrary with April 2008 dates to get the point across, In Sheet1 & Sheet2
the draw history is in column A with it's boxed equivalents in the range B:F
respectively. K:CV have the matched hits €“ the Unmatched hits=straight or
boxed hits as indicated earlier.
In Sheet2 K17:CV25 the entire "pool of numbers".

I added the €śpool€ť of numbers to Sheet1 to show perspective of the pool into
the €śfuture€ť. My formula in the past (from yesterday back to outside of the
pool) is designed to eliminate all numbers except the ones that hit, hence
the green and yellow numbered cells designating the history.

In the €śpool€ť we are looking at the ROWS of todays date (Date of Current or
Unknown Draw)A21 then including, four days back in the history to A17, and
four days into the €śFuture€ť of the €śpool€ť of numbers to A25 = 9 total rows in
the pool criteria.

Lets take look at Column AJ, albeit limited, and see that the most recent
hit is a straight hit 807 (Green) and the other hit is a boxed hit 189
(Yellow) and that the skip between each hit=14. You can see in A20, 807 hit
4/17/2008 (yesterday-fictitiously) and the €śpool€ť reflects that draw in the
future area AJ24.

Let's say the largest skip that has EVER happened throughout the history of
Col AJ=15 skips and the median skip = 4.

I know that it is very likely, because the current skip of 14 is close to
the max skip of 15, that I can expect Column AJ will strike again real soon
before the median (4) is reached.

Now look closely at the range AG5:AT25 and notice how all hits (green &
yellow) flow with a €śTrail€ť from AS5 & AT7 right to left down into the
€śfuture€ť area AG21 & AJ24.

Because column AJ is a very good candidate for hitting within the next 4
(median) days, it would be the €śMost Likely€ť area in the €śpool€ť of numbers to
hit Boxed or Straight and therefore the numbers 799, 231, 661 and 677 (just
below 807 (green) are the likely candidates for hitting (within next 4 Draws).

On the flip side, in column AO, AO8 & AO9 hit back to back so I can assume
that I wont see another hit in that column until after the median of column
AO.

I consider also, In the pool=K17:CV28, we get zero to one, two or more
€śTrails€ť that might show themselves during any given pool date. It gets
difficult to decide which €śTrail€ť to consider. A lot of manual work keeping
track of the skips for each column. Softening that would be great al by
itself.

There is the fact that my model likes to hit at one end of the pool within a
trail area one day, then in the middle or the opposit end the very next day.
I suppose there are the non-potential areas to consider as well as they are
the start of a new Trail.

I hope this is enough information to get the idea. Let me know should you
need more. Very much, thank you
Luke

"Luke" wrote:

Considering the pick3 lottery, is it possible for Excel to look at a range
A:A (actual drawings) then compare with range, a pool of numbers, say B1:E10