Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin B

Default time addition to predict finish time

I am trying to develop a spreadsheet to plan production batches and I require is a formula which takes a start time, adds a number of hours and displays the projected finish time. Foe example if a job is started at 21:00 on tuesday and takes 16 hours I need the sheet to display Wednesday 13:00.

Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer

Martin B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi martin,

In A1, enter 12-4-2006 21:00 (or, depending on your date system, 4/12/2006 9:00 PM or even something different)
In B1, enter 16:00
In C1, enter =A1+B1
Make sure C1 is formatted the same as A1

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Martin B" wrote in message ...
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet to plan production batches and I require is a formula which takes a start time, adds a number of hours and displays the projected finish time. Foe example if a job is started at 21:00 on tuesday and takes 16 hours I need the sheet to display Wednesday 13:00.

Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer

Martin B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Martin,

Assuming that you have the date annd time in the same cell (ie Tuesday's date <Space start time) then:

=G3+TIME(16,0,0)

will add 16 hours

If you want it to be more versatile then enter 16 in another cell - say J3 - and alter the formula to:

=G3+TIME(J3,0,0)

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Martin B" wrote in message ...
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet to plan production batches and I require is a formula which takes a start time, adds a number of hours and displays the projected finish time. Foe example if a job is started at 21:00 on tuesday and takes 16 hours I need the sheet to display Wednesday 13:00.

Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer

Martin B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin B

thanks for the speedy response but I don't think I explained what I want very well.

I am not interested in the start date only the day of the week and the time. Similarly I only require the finish day and time example

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
Duration Start Finish
16 Tues 21:00 Wed 13:00

hope this is a little clearer

Martin

"Martin B" wrote in message ...
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet to plan production batches and I require is a formula which takes a start time, adds a number of hours and displays the projected finish time. Foe example if a job is started at 21:00 on tuesday and takes 16 hours I need the sheet to display Wednesday 13:00.

Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer

Martin B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

It would be much simpler if you just used a date instead of text, (you could format the date as "ddd" without the quotations and it will show as "Wed")

However, if you insist on using text then:

=INDEX({"Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun"} ,IF(MOD(MATCH(B1,{"Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","S at","Sun"},0)+INT(E1),7)=0,7,MOD(MATCH(B1,{"Mon"," Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun"},0)+INT(E1),7)) )

seems to work for me.

--
HTH

Sandy