Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hmm hmm is offline

Default Changed module names don't register in toolbar links

I renamed my modules from Module1, Module2, etc., to more meaningful,
recognizable modules. Problem is, when I press the toolbar button assigned
to a macro, I get an error message that it can't find the macro. I need to
go to Customize and redefine each macro assignment to reflect the new module
names.

Why can't Excel do this automatically, much as it does when you move a cell
and it updates all formulas to the new location?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe the OnAction property of the toolbar button is a string, which
means that it will not auto-update. The better course of action is to
always use a macro to create the toolbar buttons when your library file or
add-in file is opened, and remove them when it is closed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP