-   -   Changed module names don't register in toolbar links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/393375-changed-module-names-dont-register-toolbar-links.html)

hmm

Changed module names don't register in toolbar links

I renamed my modules from Module1, Module2, etc., to more meaningful,
recognizable modules. Problem is, when I press the toolbar button assigned
to a macro, I get an error message that it can't find the macro. I need to
go to Customize and redefine each macro assignment to reflect the new module
names.

Why can't Excel do this automatically, much as it does when you move a cell
and it updates all formulas to the new location?

Tom Ogilvy

Changed module names don't register in toolbar links

You will have to ask the designers of the software. They don't answer
questions here.

Tom Ogilvy

"hmm" wrote:

I renamed my modules from Module1, Module2, etc., to more meaningful,
recognizable modules. Problem is, when I press the toolbar button assigned
to a macro, I get an error message that it can't find the macro. I need to
go to Customize and redefine each macro assignment to reflect the new module
names.

Why can't Excel do this automatically, much as it does when you move a cell
and it updates all formulas to the new location?

Bernie Deitrick

Changed module names don't register in toolbar links

I believe the OnAction property of the toolbar button is a string, which
means that it will not auto-update. The better course of action is to
always use a macro to create the toolbar buttons when your library file or
add-in file is opened, and remove them when it is closed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP