Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox listing display

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I asume that the combox is on a userform so try this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App4")
End Sub

//Björn
"Philosophaie" skrev:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could use a macro that runs when the workbook is opened.

Sub Auto_Open()
with worksheets("sheet9999).combobox1
.additem "Open App1"
.additem "Open App2"
.additem "Open App3"
.additem "Open App4"
end with
end sub

Philosophaie wrote:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you correct my other typo--missing a closing double quote:

Sub Auto_Open()
with worksheets("sheet1").combobox1 '<-- added final " mark.
.additem "Open App1"
.additem "Open App2"
.additem "Open App3"
.additem "Open App4"
end with
end sub

Is it a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar?

Is the combobox on Sheet1 (after the change)?

Did you put the code in a general module and run it from there?

When you say it didn't work, what did you try and how did it fail?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have tried using form: sub userform_initialize() method, inserting combobox1
on userform1. Tried both sub Auto_Open() and Workbook_open() methods
inserting combobox1 onto sheet1. I believe there is a boolean function or
syntax I am missing but just haven't found it yet. I have gotten
CommandButtons, ToggleButtons and Textboxes to work in VBA but this is
giving me the most problems. I also got comboboxes to work in Visual
Studio(VB.net).

Philosophaie wrote:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Userform_initialize won't help if the stuff isn't on a userform.

I'd double check to see if the combobox is from the control toolbox toolbar and
also check the name.

If that doesn't help, I still haven't seen your description of what goes wrong.