-   -   Combobox listing display (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/393274-combobox-listing-display.html)

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")
End Sub

Björn

Combobox listing display

I asume that the combox is on a userform so try this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.AddItem ("Open App4")
End Sub

//Björn
"Philosophaie" skrev:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")
End Sub

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

The change in the format still did not list the additem at startup. Is there
another subroutine to initilize each combobox1 item?

"Philosophaie" skrev:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")
End Sub

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

"Philosophaie" wrote:

The change in the format still did not list the additem at startup. The problem maybe that the combobox is located on the Actual worksheet not on a userform connected with the worksheet. Can the combobox on the worksheet?

"Philosophaie" skrev:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")
End Sub

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

The combobox is located on the actual worksheet not a userform. Can the
combobox be initiallized on the worksheet?

"Philosophaie" skrev:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")
End Sub

Dave Peterson

Combobox listing display

Maybe you could use a macro that runs when the workbook is opened.

Sub Auto_Open()
with worksheets("sheet9999).combobox1
.additem "Open App1"
.additem "Open App2"
.additem "Open App3"
.additem "Open App4"
end with
end sub

Philosophaie wrote:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Dave Peterson

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

Copied exactly except sheet1 and it didn't work. Does the location of
combobox1 being on the worksheet rather than the userform?

Philosophaie wrote:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Combobox listing display

Did you correct my other typo--missing a closing double quote:

Sub Auto_Open()
with worksheets("sheet1").combobox1 '<-- added final " mark.
.additem "Open App1"
.additem "Open App2"
.additem "Open App3"
.additem "Open App4"
end with
end sub

Is it a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar?

Is the combobox on Sheet1 (after the change)?

Did you put the code in a general module and run it from there?

When you say it didn't work, what did you try and how did it fail?

--

Dave Peterson

Philosophaie

Combobox listing display

Have tried using form: sub userform_initialize() method, inserting combobox1
on userform1. Tried both sub Auto_Open() and Workbook_open() methods
inserting combobox1 onto sheet1. I believe there is a boolean function or
syntax I am missing but just haven't found it yet. I have gotten
CommandButtons, ToggleButtons and Textboxes to work in VBA but this is
giving me the most problems. I also got comboboxes to work in Visual
Studio(VB.net).

Philosophaie wrote:

The ComboBox1 doesn't initialize the list automatically. It only puts up a
blank ComboBox . Here is the code I am using:

Private Sub Form1_Load()
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App1")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App2")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App3")
ComboBox1.Items.Add ("Open App4")

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Combobox listing display

Userform_initialize won't help if the stuff isn't on a userform.

I'd double check to see if the combobox is from the control toolbox toolbar and
also check the name.

If that doesn't help, I still haven't seen your description of what goes wrong.