Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell pattern-style and color in Excel 2007

Im looking for a Macro or an Add-on€¦
Ive just been upgraded to Excel 2007. In the old Excel version, one could
add a drop-down box to the toolbar for formatting the pattern color and
pattern styles of a cell. It looked and functioned a lot like the "fill
color" button.

Excel has left off its counterpart in the 2007 version -- neither on the
ribbon, or in the list of available buttons for the Quick-Access Toolbar. I
used this button CONSTANTLY! In the new version, I have to open the font
dialogue box, click to the fill page, click on the pattern color box, then on
the pattern style box €“ seven clicks in all €“ every time I want to change a
new cell area! In the old version of Excel, it took one click on the toolbar
to paste in the color and pattern that Id used last, or three clicks to
choose a new scheme.

Is there an add-on, or a macro that I can use to recreate the button as it
existed in the old version of Excel? Id love to be able to add it to the
€˜font area of the ribbon €“ but adding it to the Quick-Access Toolbar would
do just as well.

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can create a macro with code like this and assign it to a button on the QAT
Record a macro when you do it manual to get the code you want

With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlGray50
.PatternThemeColor = xlThemeColorLight2
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

You can save the code in your personal.xlsb
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Candida" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much, Ron. But will that be a button for just one shade/pattern
selection, or a drop-down box with all the colors and patterns like Excel had
before?

The code for the drop-down box is what I'm looking for...

"Candida" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nothing found , I think the only way is to make a dropdown with a few macro options if you use it a lot.

I hope I am wrong

Bed time for me

Good night

--

"Candida" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, that's too bad. How horribly shortsighted of those Excel folks. Thanks
so very much for trying, Ron.

I'll check back periodically to see if anything's been found.