Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell pattern/color

How can I apply a custom pattern to cells, rather than the standard patterns
available in Excel 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi laughing,

Excel is not as friendly as other programs in this regard,
however, it is not too painful.

Go to ToolsOptionsColor Tab
Click on a color swatch and click the Modify button
then you can adjust the color for that swatch.

Then when the function you are using calls up the
color pallette your custom color will be available.

HTH
Martin

"laughing" wrote in message
How can I apply a custom pattern to cells, rather than the standard
patterns
available in Excel 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean "color"?

ToolsOptionsColorModify will allow you change a color to any rgb value you'd
like.

Or run a macro with your parameters.

Sub foo()
ActiveCell.Interior.Color = RGB(170, 112, 230)
End Sub

If you mean "pattern" like diagonal stripes or cross-hatch, I don't know if you
can.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP