Old June 5th 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Dups in a column, validate all dup rows are identical.

In the excel spreadsheet we have many items in a Bill of material structure.
These items can repeat throughout the spreadsheet depending where the item is
needed. We use this to load information to a database (oracle). The way the
upload works is that the first occurence of an item and all of its values on
the row lets say K7Q7 are loaded to the database. Every other occurence of
the item description should have identical values for all of it's
columns-for consistency sake, but these values do not overwrite the values
from the first occurence. So say item K appears on Row 7 and the description
is in column K, the rest of the columns are item attributes for the item
description. If the item description also appears on row 23 of column K then
all values in columns LQ in the second occurence of the item description
needs to be the same. If not then I would like to know what and where the
difference is on the second occurrence so I can inquire to why the values are
different-