Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find dups across different columns

I have a spreadsheet where I need to find dups. For instance col 1 will have
an ID but col5 will have name. There can be several instances of the same ID
but with different names in col5. I want to find all the dups across col1
and col5. I am currently using the following formula:
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,A1)1,"Dup","Not Dup") How can I enhance this to
include looking for dups across column5? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There could be different meanings to your question, so I need a
clarification.

1. Do you want a count of the duplicate IDs in column 1 counted a
independently of anything else...PLUS the count of duplicate names in
column 5 counted independently?

2. Do you want a count of when the ID and Name in a single row is
duplicated somewhere else, also paired together?

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To only get DUP when both the ID and the Name are duplicated TOGETHER
somewhere else, this would accomplish that:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--($F$1:$F$100=F1),--($A$1:$A$100=A1))1,"Dup","No Dup")