Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Dups in Two Columns

Hello!

I have two sets of data in Columns A and B. I want to find out how many
duplicates there are between column A and column B. I just want the know the
total number of duplicates without copying down in another column. In the
example below, I want to post the formula in cell A9 to get the number of
duplicates...in this case, it's 3. Thanks in advance!!!

A B
7 416516 12
8
9 3
10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure if this will have flaws, but one way that seems to work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(B1:B7,C1:C7)))

HTH,
Paul

--

"Not Excelerated" wrote in
message ...
Hello!

I have two sets of data in Columns A and B. I want to find out how many
duplicates there are between column A and column B. I just want the know
the
total number of duplicates without copying down in another column. In the
example below, I want to post the formula in cell A9 to get the number of
duplicates...in this case, it's 3. Thanks in advance!!!

A B
7 416516 12
8
9 3
10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Works for me on your data, if you correct the references:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(A1:A10,B1:B10)))
Regards - Dave

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Not sure if this will have flaws, but one way that seems to work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(B1:B7,C1:C7)))

HTH,
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions