Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a Wizard with VBA??

2003 - definitely & you will find lots of examples & questions
answered by searching this newsgroup - try searching "auto-open" &
see how much you come up with!

2007 - sounds likely but Jim said not with custom toolbars or menus.
not many users w/2007 yet in newsgroup.
susan

On May 23, 10:32 am, Stonewall
wrote:
Thanks! My end goal is to be able to write a program in excel that would
take a person step by step through various calculations (using information in
a spreadsheet) and then put results into the spreadsheet. Is this possible
using macros and VBA in Excel? (In 2003 or 2007)?
thanks

"Jim Cone" wrote:

I don't use XL2007 - see my previous post for one reason why.
You are asking for help on the basics and normally I would refer you to online tutorial.
However, I do not believe that any yet deal with the 07 version.
Your best approach might be to buy a John Walkenbach book dealing with XL2007
..
With that said, the code that Mike H posted deals with specific occurrences
(Events) within Excel. The first macro only works when the workbook opens and the
second macro only works when you select a different workbook.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Stonewall"
wrote in message
Hi,
I am also trying to create a wizard in excel, but I know virtually nothing
about VBA or creating macros. First of all, where do you enter the code? I
tried Mike H's code, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I am using Excel
2007.
Thanks

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Be aware that VBA code affecting menus/toolbars will (mostly) not work in XL2007.
A different programming language is required to do that in XL2007.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA